4th of July Windsocks
It's hard to believe but The 4th of July is already upon us! The weather has been b-e-a-utiful so we decided to have some outdoor fun with this easy paper craft. It incorporates bubbles and, well, kids seem to be really into bubbles. This is one of our favorite summer activities for kids and we love how they turned out!
Outdoor Kids' Windsock Craft For The 4th of July
Here's What You Need:
- Variety of Bubble Blowers
- Red and Blue Food Coloring
- Pipe Cleaners
- White Paper (we used card stock)
- Red and Blue Tissue Paper cut into 1" strips
- Hole Punch
- Stapler (We decided to secure the windsocks with staples since tape wasn't doing the trick)
Here's What You Do:
1. Pour bubbles into two separate containers and add some food coloring to get the desired red and blue colors.
2. Lay the paper flat on the ground. Dip bubble blowers into bubbles and blow directly onto the paper in random spots. The bubble guns created a great look!
3. Allow to dry for 20-30 minutes.
4. Roll paper into a cylinder and secure with a few staples.
5. Use tape to secure tissue paper streamers inside the bottom half of windsock.
6. Punch a hole on opposite sides of the top of the windsock.
7. Use some pipe cleaner to create a handle.
8. Let those windsocks fly for the Fourth of July!
These kids went home a little messy but very happy. This easy kids' paper craft gets a big thumbs up from us. Give it a try!
Have a happy and safe holiday!
You May Also Like