Candy Corn Diaper Cake
Fall is upon us and we thought it appropriate to share a diaper cake that reflects our festive spirit! This cake is super cute and perfect for a fall baby shower. Plus, every diaper is reusable for the parents-to-be!
Follow us on (Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest)! We’ll be sharing loads of other cool stuff. Not to mention, we can keep you updated on our journey to create amazing children’s sleepwear (if you haven’t heard about that yet, check it out here — It’s gonna be awesome).
This tutorial includes an adorable FREE printable. Actually TWO. Yeahyaaa!
Everything below should be found easily at any arts and crafts store, or like everything else, Amazon. Bless you, Jeff Bezos.
Note: If you don’t know how to make the cake itself, stop by here first.
Okay, let’s do this.
Candy Corn Diaper Cake
Here’s what you need:
- Small Elastic Bands
- 3 Spools of Tulle. hehe. (Yellow, Orange, and White — 6" x 25 yds.)
- Small Craft Pins
- Brown Ribbon (approx. 1 yd. — we used 1.5" thick)
- Candy Corn Ribbon (2 yd. to be safe — we used 5/8" thick)
(Note: we found this candy corn ribbon at Michael’s. Although it’s very cute, a traditional candy corn actually has orange in the middle. Who wasn’t paying attention!? Anyway, we recommend following the same color pattern as the ribbon you choose.)
Here’s what you do:
1. We’ll start with the bottom layer. Tuck end of tulle between two diapers near the bottom of the cake and begin wrapping the tulle around the cake and moving up. You want to keep the tulle somewhat tight as opposed to spread out (as it is on the spool). Tulle is very thin so we covered the same area 2–3 times, but you can do it to your liking. Work all the way up then tuck the end between two diapers. We used about half the spool here. You will need the other half for the orange “puffers” (official name).
2. Repeat with the middle layer and top layer and you should have something that looks like this:
4. Wrap an elastic band around the middle and form into a small bow. Cut as seen below:
Printables: Sweet As Candy | Baby Bums‘Til next time.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
About The Author
Tara Saltzburg founded Westyn Baby when her son was an infant battling severe eczema. She was always on the lookout for products that would minimize the irritation and ease his discomfort, but safe, non-irritating pajamas proved difficult to find. Tara started Westyn Baby in 2016 with a mission to create better, safer sleepwear for kids - sleepwear that's exceptionally soft, flame-retardant free, sensitivity-friendly, and durable. Read more about WB sleepwear.
Tara was born and raised at the NJ shore and attended Penn State University, where she played soccer and discovered her love of mountain life. She is a mom of one boy and hopes to eventually have enough kids to form some sort of athletic team. She and her family currently reside in Central Pennsylvania and spend the summers in Stone Harbor, NJ.