"Juicy Apple" Drink
We’ve been patiently waiting and finally, friends, fall has arrived! The leaves are just starting to change, the air is crisp, and we are doing our happy dance!
We went to an apple cider festival over the weekend and it was awesome! We came back with some knick knacks we don’t need and some apples. We wanted to order a “bushel and a peck,” which got us thinking: how much is a bushel and a peck? Per Google, a bushel is 48 pounds (about 126 medium-sized apples) and a peck is 10–12 pounds (about 32 medium-sized apples).
That’s a lot of apples. So we got 2.
I used one of them to make this easy drink recipe which is totally kid-friendly! It can also be spiced up with some vodka for mom and dad :)
Easy Kids' "Juicy Apple" Fall Drink Recipe
Here's What You Need:
- Apple Juice
- Lemon Juice
- 1 Apple, Sliced (for garnish)
- Vodka (optional, but highly recommended)
Yes, I took this picture outside. It’s the only place we can get some alone time.
Ha, just kidding. That’s not something that happens. Ever.
Here’s what you do:
- Start with a glass/cup filled with ice. Fill ¾ of the way with apple juice
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice for some tart
- Add a little grenadine for sweetness and color
- Adults Only: Add Vodka (a little or a lot, depending on the day)
- Garnish with sliced apple