Prevent Germ Spread to Younger Siblings: 5 Easy Tasks For Older Kids
It’s January and illness season is upon us! Keeping younger kids healthy when older siblings are bringing home germs and sicknesses from school can be a difficult job. Luckily, there are a few easy tasks that older kids can do to help prevent the spread of germs to their younger siblings:
- Wash hands immediately upon entering the house. Experts recommend that the ideal length of time to wash hands is as long as it takes to sing “Happy Birthday” two times.
- Leave backpacks, jackets and hats near the door to prevent dragging germs throughout the house.
- Notepads, pencils and crayons used in school are full of germs, but they often end up on the dining room table during homework time. Have kids wipe down and disinfect the area after they finish with their homework.
- Backpacks and lunchboxes get pretty nasty and germ-heavy. Have kids clean the outside and inside of them weekly with a disinfectant wipe.
- Have them pack a water their own water bottle each morning. That way they can stay clear of the water fountain.
Unfortunately, there's no way of completely eliminating those nasty school germs, but hopefully these easy tips can help contain them this illness season.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.