Vanilla Wafer Monsters
Seriously, how cute are these?! Kids will love getting in the kitchen to help you make these vanilla wafer monsters -- they're perfect for a Halloween party or to hand out to Trick-or-Treaters!
Easy Kids' Halloween Monsters
Here's What You Need:
- Variety of Candy Melts (We used Wilton melts in green, orange, and blue)
- Variety of Decorative Candy Eyes
- Vanilla Wafers (also available in chocolate or strawberry)
- Accent Gel
Here's What You Do:
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Place candy melts (one color) in a mug and heat in microwave for 30 seconds on 50% power. Mix. Heat for 30 seconds more at 50%. Mix again until you have a creamy consistency. DON'T OVERCOOK.
2. Dip wafer in melted candy until covered. Lay on baking sheet. Repeat with as many wafers as you'd like.
3. Repeat this process with each candy color. Let sit for 2-3 hours until dry or place in fridge for 1-2 hours.
4. Add eyes using accent gel as glue. Add fun monster mouths and you're done!
We did learn a lesson: these can't really sit around. Eat them within 24-48 hours or you will end up with a monster graveyard.